Calling all Master Builders! Children’s Therapy Connection is now forming LEGO® Skill Builder Clubs for children with social anxiety conditions, Autism spectrum disorders, or communication difficulties. From Asperger’s Syndrome to speech delays, LEGO® building can be a valuable component to any therapy program. CTC takes it to the next level with our Skill Builder™ Clubs, providing school-aged peer groups a platform to share their individual strengths while addressing social skill-building strategies such as using greetings, turn-taking, making eye contact, nonverbal communication, and following social rules. Our Skill Builder™ Clubs are based on evidence-based neuropsychological research involving analyzing patterns, predictability, and understanding how things work and utilizing those skills in a social context to make learning fun, playing to a child’s strengths, not their disabilities. For additional details please contact our office at (317) 288-7606.
- Join a Skill Builder™ group based on your child’s age and social skill level
- Club dynamic encouraging interdependent group work on shared projects with varying roles and collaborative responsibilities
AFTER SCHOOL MEETINGS
- Build on your child’s individual strengths through the social context of regular weekly sessions
- After-school sessions to accommodate your child and family’s schedule
- Individualized assessment and therapeutic goals established for each child
- Skill-building approach to improve motivation for social interaction and establishing relationships
GREAT CONTRAST TO ABA THERAPY
- Licensed occupational therapist and speech-language pathologist “coaches” use LEGO® as a motivating tool to incorporate play into their social, behavioral, and cognitive therapy goals
- Natural LEGO® play holds great inherent reward for children and provides excellent generalization of skills across settings
- 75-90 minute group sessions
- Billable to insurance or private pay. Costs can be paid out-of-pocket or billed to insurance (based on medical necessity, physician’s order required)
- Come try a free preview of any class!