When young children are learning to speak, errors in speech sound production are quite common. When these errors persist or have a significant effect on their speech clarity, a speech sound disorder may be suspected. Sometimes children have trouble with articulation, or difficulty making individual sounds.
Is your child receiving treatment for a speech delay? Do others have difficulty understanding what he/she is saying? Has your child been diagnosed with an articulation or phonological disorder or Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS)? If so, the Connecting Sounds Playgroup may be right for you!
Children’s Therapy Connection’s Connecting Sounds Playgroup teaches children how to produce sounds and sound combinations accurately, while promoting language development, in a small group setting. Our comprehensive approach utilizes drill, conversation, and structured play, with cues, prompts, and support. Children will participate in group and individual activities targeting sounds and clarity of speech so they can learn from each other. Our playgroup is a great supplement to your child’s speech therapy program.
Connecting Sounds Playgroup Details
- An excellent supplement to individual therapy that offers additional practice in a supportive social setting
- 12-week sessions on Friday mornings, 10:30-11:30 AM
- 4:1 Child to Therapist Ratio
- Led by speech-language pathologists who are skilled early intervention therapists specialized in treating speech delays, articulation/phonological disorders, and Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Group and Individualized (pull-out) activities developed specifically to target the needs of each participant
- Parents will receive feedback after each session as well as therapy targets to work on at home
- Unique treatment setting allowing your child to work on connecting sounds while playing with other children
Billable to Insurance or Private Pay
Children will be enrolled on a first come, first served basis. Ratios are kept low to allow each child individual attention and instruction, so space is limited! Please contact us for additional details.